Best Fear of Failure Quotes
Below are my favorite quotes about failure and fear of failure! Enjoy and remember that failing is actually one of the healthiest things we can do.
I purposefully didn’t include any quotes that say anything along the lines of “failure is the only way to succeed” or “It’s not whether or not you fail, it’s whether or not you get back up”. There are so many quotes like this. I wanted to only choose quotes that have true depth.
- “One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.”
- “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark; professionals built the Titanic.”
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
- “No human ever became interesting by not failing. The more you fail and recover and improve, the better you are as a person. Ever meet someone who’s always had everything work out for them with zero struggle? They usually have the depth of a puddle. Or they don’t exist.”
– Chris Hardwick
- “I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”
- “There is no impossibility to him who stands prepared to conquer every hazard. The fearful are the failing.”
-Sarah J. Hale
- “No man ever achieved worth-while success who did not, at one time or other, find himself with at least one foot hanging well over the brink of failure.”
- “A person who doubts himself is like a man who would enlist in the ranks of his enemies and bear arms against himself. He makes his failure certain by himself being the first person to be convinced of it.”
- “Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time to figure out whether you like it or not.”
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
– Thomas A. Edison
- “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
- “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.”